The average American produces 4.5 pounds of trash a day! When we change how we consume products, we can directly improve our impact on the environment that we need to survive.
Zero Waste is a concept that redesigns resource life cycles by reusing products. The aim is to reduce trash in landfills and the ocean, by purchasing and using products- that by design, eliminate waste.
Make this your mantra: Reduce. Reuse. Repurpose. Recycle.
This kit is a great starting place if you are looking to reduce the amount of waste you produce.
Disclaimer: Most of the links in my shop are affiliate links. Meaning, if you purchase anything through them, it won’t cost you anything extra and I make a small commission. I only promote products and brands I use personally and can vouch for!
A Few Quick Tips:
Try to eliminate one-use plastics, throw away products, and avoid unnecessary plastic packaging:
- Switch to a reusable water bottle and straw
- Switch to a reusable towel and napkin
- Carry a spork or bamboo utensils for dining out
- Transition to cleaning, beauty and hygiene products that come in refillable or compostable containers
- Shop with reusable grocery and produce bags
- Store dry food in jars
- Buy in bulk
- Use products with alternative packaging
- Compost your food waste that can be grown in a field or a garden
- TerraCycle products and packaging that can’t be recycled through your cities recycling services